Gunner get my MBA

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Back from Japan

Actually was meaning to post earlier, and I actually typed up a short post whilst in Japan but unfortunately all the controls of the web browser was in Japanese, and hence I had to navigate through the blogger website from memory. When I finally when to save the post, I must have deleted it and sure enough everything was lost. Bad luck I guess. Actually, I was posting to say what a surprise it is to be nominated for the best of bloggers, for the MBA applicant blogs. I didn't expect it as I felt my blog was too general to be thought of an MBA blog, and also the fact that I rant on and on about Arsenal every so often. Anyways, I am honoured to be thought of in the same league as some of you established bloggers.

Secondly wanted to let you all know that the Japan trip was great. I had a great time, and experienced both the historical and modern Japan. Sakura was in full bloom (in Kyoto), and though it was chilly, you could definitely feel the freshness of springtime (something which I miss, living in tropical Malaysia). Highlights, would have to be the seeing the Cherry blossoms in the beautiful surroundings in Kyoto, waking up at 5 am to go to the fish market and have toro sashimi at 7am, and meeting Jon bon Jovi at the Park Hyatt New York bar (the bar which Bill Murray spent most of his time in "Lost in Translation").

Overall my wife and I had a great time with our japanese hosts, as well as four friends form Australia which we met up with there. I would definitely want to go back there as there is much more to see, and the food has been great but I think I would need to give my wallet a lot more time to recover from the trip.

7 Comments:

  • yeah , those ClearAdmit folks do send in some nice surprises

    By Blogger Forrest Gump, at 4:02 AM  

  • Japan is awesome- glad you had a great time. You were in Kyoto? Wasn't lost in translation set in Tokyo?

    By Blogger sghama, at 11:06 AM  

  • Yeah.. Japan was great. My trip covered Kyoto, Hiroshima & Tokyo where the movie was set.

    By Blogger gunnermba, at 5:31 PM  

  • I'd love to go to Japan one day.

    By Blogger KV, at 3:51 AM  

  • I'll want to go to Japan some day too.

    By Blogger chillpill, at 10:45 AM  

  • While I haven't really started planning yet, I took a look at the tuition and almost had a heart attack. I'm in serious money saving mode now to try to cover as much of my living expenses there as I can. I will definitely hve to borrow all of tuition and most likely for housing as well...

    By Blogger sghama, at 9:53 AM  

  • Gunner,

    Thank you for your comments on my blog. I am definitely going to look at the Lumix camera. Hopefully the price will drop a bit. I would love to get a 6MP 12x camera. The reviews I've seen for the Kodak have been less than stellar so the Lumix is in play. It also takes SD cards which is big for me.

    A belated congratulations on your acceptance at INSEAD. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures from Japan, as I am spending next fall there for my semester abroad.

    By Blogger Jeff D, at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home